Newly Built PC Not Recognizing the USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishilicious

Hey ppl, i have a problem.

I just newly made my PC. It has a Intel P35 Media series motherboard, and one of those new 45 nm core 2 duo processors at 2.53 GHz. ive got 2GB of 800 MHz RAM, and my SATA HDD and the IDE optical drives are all connected perfectly. the problem is that when i try to install the drivers that came with the motherboard, my USB ports just stop working, nothing that goes in gets detected. This happens after the 3rd or 4th restart needed by the computer to install the drivers. Specifically, its after the PC installs the audio drivers that this happens. After this happens, I can get into the BIOS and everything before Windows starts (XP) but afterwards, it doesnt detect anything. The biggest problem is that the p35 series has no PS/2 socket for the keyboard/mouse. Thus, i cant use either of them to try and uninstall the audio driver. Can anyone help me with this prob?? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

You can either try to start Windows in Safe Mode and uninstall the sound drivers or you could try temporarily disable the onboard sound in the BIOS. If the sound is disabled, the driver shouldn't load and maybe you can uninstall it then.

If you can get past this problem, go to Intel's website and download the latest drivers available for your motherboard and try installing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back