TechSpot

Newly built PC turns on but doesn't boot

1. Hello, lately I have been building a computer, this is my first time in doing so and i am very close to finishing. However, when I turn it on all my internal lights turn on and all of my fans start spinning but for some reason the BIOS wont show up on my monitor, (and I have made sure the monitor is plugged in correctly, etc.)

Does anybody know what might be the problem?
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Something not connected or seated correctly would be my guess. Can you list the hardware you have?
  3. saram96

saram96 TS Rookie Posts: 38

any beeps coming from buzzer??
  4. Sinistermuffin

Sinistermuffin TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nope, no beeps or buzzes.

And my hardware is as follows:
    ASRock P43DE
    4GB DDR2 RAM (4X1 GB)
    XFX nVidia 9800GT
    630W power supply
    Intel Pentium D 945 @ 3.4 GHz Dual Core (old, I know)
    And about 3 internal hard drives.
  5. saram96

Try re-seating ram, put in different slots, and have you connected the internal speaker
  6. Sinistermuffin

Yep, I have tried reseating all of the ram and I unplugged and replugged in the internal speaker, no luck...
  7. saram96

is your gpu fan spinning
  8. Sinistermuffin

Yes, all installed fans are spinning.
  9. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Just try rebooting with only 2 RAM slots populated. Also do you hear the POST beep (assuming you have the internal speaker attached)?

If it still doesn't wok, it could be any one of multiple issues ranging from video card, CPU, mobo. Keep us posted.
  10. Moospammer

Moospammer TS Rookie Posts: 73

I've been having the exact same problem with a very similar build.
    If you take a look at my thread on this forum you can look through the list of things that I've been advised to try and try them for yourself.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.