Newly built PC, will not boot into bios, fans and lights come on, no CPU beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX250OCGQBOX
GIGABYTE GV-N94TOC-1GI GeForce 9400 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
2 Stick Patriot ddr 3

This system is put together with an older HD that is working. When I turn on the power I get light, fans but bios will not load and I get no cpu beeps. Have returned and replaced the mobo, cpu, vid card, power supply and ram. Tried different case and monitor. HD works in another pc. I am completely stumped. Thought for sure it was the mobo but just got a new one in and its still doing the same thing. Get nothing on the monitor, no signal. Have used different cables to the monitor as well. According to Gigabyte, everything is compatible. Any more ideas?

Added- From Gigabyte support "Athlon II X2 250 is supported on this board, but if current mother board bios is F1 only that need to update bios to F3 support processor." Does this make sense to anyone?

Just in case, did you plug in the 8 pin CPU power supply connector to the motherboard?

Added- From Gigabyte support "Athlon II X2 250 is supported on this board, but if current mother board bios is F1 only that need to update bios to F3 support processor." Does this make sense to anyone?
I would think that means you need to update your BIOS.

Yes, the cpu power supply connector is plugged in. How do I update bios if I can't boot into bios?

You'll need to get hold of an older processor that's supported on your mobo.

im having the EXACT same problem. ive tried replacign everything and still gettign nothing. Please if you figure it out let me know.

I had the exact same problem the first time I tried to turn on my Gigabyte processor, but then I used the converter that came with my video card, to turn it into a vga port, and plugged the monitor directly into my video card and everything working fine now. Hope this helps. BTW my video card is an Palit 4850 GDDR3 512mb.

I think his compatibility is fine as my mobo works fine with the Regor 245, unless mine has better compatibility?

I think his compatibility is fine as my mobo works fine with the Regor 245, unless mine has better compatibility?
It does indeed have better compatibility.
As I mentioned, this means his board doesn't have the proper BIOS. If you don't or can't get a hold of another processor, you can just return or exchange the motherboard, the newer ones likely have the latest. No guaranties though.

I had the exact same problem the first time I tried to turn on my Gigabyte processor, but then I used the converter that came with my video card, to turn it into a vga port, and plugged the monitor directly into my video card and everything working fine now. Hope this helps. BTW my video card is an Palit 4850 GDDR3 512mb.
BTW, how exactly is this relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back