Newly built (two months ago) computer keeps freezing up during startup

Hello all,

A few months ago I built my first computer. Everything booted up perfectly and it was running smoothly with absolutely no issues until a few days ago. I was on for a few hours the night before but when I turned it on the next day, it wasn't working properly. At first I would turn on the computer and it would boot fine until I entered into a program (game/internet). It would first start to lag and everything was delayed (typing in something then 5 seconds later it would appear). It would then completely freeze up. After a few restarts, It then did not even allow me to get past the log in for windows without freezing up. It would just give me a blank screen and all the fans and lights were working fine. I did notice that the light on my keyboard would light up when I first booted the computer up but then right before it would freeze, the lights would turn off. The light on the mouse stayed on. I have already tried resetting the motherboard to its default, resetting CMOS(taking out the batteries for a few minutes). I have tried booting it with only one 4g stick of ram. I have another pc and replaced the hard drive to see if that could be it but is wasn't. I took out my video card and tried booting it with the on board video but it still froze. I removed all the hardware and re-secure the CPU. I tried to reinstall windows but it would freeze up at random times during installation. It wont let me boot up in safe mode. I also have to hit the cut off switch in the back every time because the shutdown and restart buttons wont work during the freeze even if held down. Nothing I’ve done has worked. Please help...

My system specs:
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
-ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

"I removed all the hardware and re-secure the CPU"...

Did you clean off and re-apply new thermal paste?

Back