News around the web: Google TV the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Staff member

Is Google TV the Wave of the Future? @ AtlanticWire
Meet Ubuntu Linux's new CEO (Q&A) @ CNet
Transformers: War for Cybertron shows how it all began @ ArsTechnica
Bill Gates is no longer the world's richest @ Forbes.com
See more articles and reviews.

Five years ago in TechSpot:
Apple backs Blu-ray format

Storage
Seagate 2TB Barracuda XT SATA6 Desktop Hard Drive ST32000641AS @ TestFreaks

Video
ASUS HD 5870 Matrix 2GB & ASUS HD 5870 "V2" Sneak Peek @ Hardware Canucks

Peripherals
Arctic Cooling E361-BM Earphone Review @ BayReviews.com

Misc.
Exploring CPU Performance in Windows Vista vs. Win 7 @ PCSTATS

Power Supplies
Seasonic X Series 750W @ PureOverclock

Cooling
Zalman CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers.org

Processors
Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition "Gulftown" @ HardwareHeaven
Intel Core i7-980X Processor Extreme Edition Review @ Legit Reviews
Intel Core i7-980X Gulftown Six-Core 32nm Processor Review @ Hardware Canucks

Notebooks
Dell Inspiron 1564 Review @ TechRadar

Motherboards
MSI 770-C35 Motherboard @ iXBT Labs
Jetway NC96 NC96-510-LF Review @ Phoronix
Asus P7H55-M Pro vs. Gigabyte H55M-UD2H @ Legion Hardware

Permalink to story.

I can definitely see internet TV taking off - so long as they're free like regular TV. This fits in with Google's business model much better than say, Apple's.

Anyway here in the UK all freeview channels are available for free online, and there are several companies who offer subscription TV over the internet. Personally, my TV isn't even connected to an aerial, as I run everything (TV, DVDs, games) through a computer.

Google Everything! Resistance is Futile we'll have our hands in everything soon enough!

Joking aside (kinda), Internet TV isn't something new and SHOULD be the future like Revision3's programming, GO Tekzilla! But phone & cable companies are fighting it like no other because they know they are on the losing end. This is one of the main reasons for the ridiculous low bandwidth caps phone/cable companies are looking at. Now with Google entering the scene it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm hoping for the best for us US consumers!

Internet TV is been here for a while. I heard about Google TV and their concept about it seems kinda impressive specially without any specific hardware.

Of course Google TV, seriously. Google is a very smart company and knows what their consumers want and need. Google deserves it.

hello ...

soon the verb 'to google' will make us giggle more for it will be 'gogle this, google that' & i really 'Google TV' will just be as good as other Google services!

Transformers: War for Cybertron seems a good way to get that franchise on the right gaming track, the movie based ones were not good at all,

cheers!

I have Sky tv, and they offer lots of content on Xbox 360 and PC. They will launch lots of new online channels. I just need to wait till 2017, then maybe I will have a fast internet connection where I live. :(

Not impossible! I've always been impressed on google's products and services along with yahoo's and msn's.

When I clicked the Transformers link, I thought I was going to read about the next Michael Bay movie.. but that game looks much better. If the game actually does follow the lore, my friend will sure be happy. I went to see both movies in theaters with him and he was always disappointed that they didn't follow the lore.

The overview seems solid, but I'll have to wait for a few reviews before jumping on it. Hopefully they add in some multiplayer :)

Definitely a possibility, in fact a given. With internet spreading to all corners of the world, entertainment, media also needs to catch up or be left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back