TechSpot

News feed from Sat Dec 30 00:00:00

1. Is this a Vista compatibility issue? It shows every item in TechSpot News feed like that.

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

I have always noticed our current solution that builds the RSS feed is not too sophisticated, but showing Dec 30 is definitely beyond what I had seen before going wrong.

Please try reloading the feed in 15-20 mins and let me know if nothing changes.

Thanks!

3. Julio Franco

I have updated some of the programming behind our XML feed which hopefully solved the date/time problem, even the previous known awkwardness :).

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,345   +11

Still the same. I don't know how to update the feed manually, but I tried a couple of settings and it said "loading".

[​IMG]

5. Julio Franco

What software are you using? I tried loading the feed with a few different readers and it all came up nice.

6. Mictlantecuhtli

It's the newsfeed widget for Vista Sidebar.

7. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

You're using Vista ? :eek:

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Sometimes, at work, to test stuff :p

9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

I'm going to lunch in a few minutes, I'll fire it up in Vista and see if I have the date issue.

Edit: Nope, it is working properly here.

10. Mictlantecuhtli

Now the current news work, the old ones (starting from "Dell crafts goal of going carbon neutral") are still from Dec 30. It's probably something to do with IE7's security settings, I'm not sure, but looks like the fixes did something.