Next Google Nexus phone: 720p display, 4G LTE, Android 4.0?

By Emil
Jun 16, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google's third Nexus phone is expected to be running Android Ice Cream Sandwich, and is rumored to ship around Thanksgiving, possibly on AT&T. Google's next Nexus device will be possibly…

Read the whole story
  2. chaboi390

chaboi390 Newcomer, in training Posts: 83

"1-megapixel front-facing camera"

WTF? is that correct? I don't think the Nexus 4G will have a 1-megapixel front-facing camera...... if it does, i will laugh my pants off and then buy it xD.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

You do know megapixel amount does not translate to overall quality, right? Although I do agree, 2 megapixel or more seems more sensical for such a phone, even if they do go with the reportedly 1 megapixel front-facing camera, other more contributing factors such as the actual lens, zoom, (or even a new technology?) etc. could make up for the extra resolution a higher megapixel camera would provide.
  4. Megapixels is not the same as quality. 1 Mpx will be able to do more or less 1280x720. A front facing camera is supposed to be used for videochat, do you really want to stream more than that?

Also, I'd rather have a good quality image than a lot of pixels. That's what a Megapixel is, the number of pixels in can put into an image. Unless you plan to hang your photographs in a wall, even for landscapes, anything upwards from 3.2 Mpx is just marketing fluff (and 99% of the people will be satisfied with 1280x720, as long as it has quality).

Someone should really put an end to this "More Mpx -> more quality" crap, it gets on my nerves.
  5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

"Nvidia Kal-El processor", i'm sold, lol ;)
    but then i read
    "there won't be physical Android menu buttons"
    this kinda puts me off, still sounds impressive, will Samsung again be the manufacturer?
  6. "Google's Nexus One, manufactured by HTC"
    WTF? it was made by Samsung...
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Uh, no, the Nexus One was manufactured by HTC. I believe you're confusing the Nexus One, with the Nexus S 4G...
  8. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

The Google Nexus 4G will feature a next-generation dual-core 1.2GHz or 1.5GHz CPU: either an Nvidia Kal-El processor, an OMAP 4460, or an ultra low-power 28nm Krait-based Snapdragon.

Wow way to contradict yourself. Next gen dual core followed by saying kal-el which is a quad core.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.