TechSpot

Next iPod touch to get FaceTime-compatible camera?

By Jos
Aug 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. For the last few years Apple has updated its iPod lineup at an early September music-oriented event. This year will likely be no different; and it only makes sense that the next version of Apple's touch-friendly player would include some features from its latest smartphone. The higher-resolution 'Retina Display' seems like a fair bet. But recent leaks hint at another flagship iPhone 4 feature that might make it to the iPod touch: a front-facing, FaceTime-compatible camera.

Read the whole story

2. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper TS Rookie Posts: 28

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

What the hell does that mean?

4. Voodoo_God

Voodoo_God TS Rookie Posts: 20

god knows what BMK means.....

anyway... so what does apple expect people to do with this extra cam? when was the last time you received a video call???????

5. jakeshjo1953

jakeshjo1953 TS Member Posts: 26

Once a week to talk to my Grandsons across country. This would be real cool. Skype in my pocket.

6. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

7. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

Sorry. I didn't quote that properly! :) this is what I meant to say:

Skype is already there for your pocket. As long as you can live without the front-facing camera for devices without the hardware.

Check Skype.com.

They have mobile versions of skype which work with Windows Mobile, iOS and probably Android. Check out the version for iPhone/iPod here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/iphone-for-skype/

It works great on my iPaq 110, except for the fact that it has no camera.

UV :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.