TechSpot

Next iPod touch to get FaceTime-compatible camera?

By Jos
Aug 6, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. For the last few years Apple has updated its iPod lineup at an early September music-oriented event. This year will likely be no different; and it only makes sense that the next version of Apple's touch-friendly player would include some features from its latest smartphone. The higher-resolution 'Retina Display' seems like a fair bet. But recent leaks hint at another flagship iPhone 4 feature that might make it to the iPod touch: a front-facing, FaceTime-compatible camera.

Read the whole story

2. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper TS Rookie Posts: 28

bmk

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

What the hell does that mean?

4. Voodoo_God

Voodoo_God TS Rookie

god knows what BMK means.....

anyway... so what does apple expect people to do with this extra cam? when was the last time you received a video call???????

5. jakeshjo1953

jakeshjo1953 TS Member Posts: 26

Once a week to talk to my Grandsons across country. This would be real cool. Skype in my pocket.

6. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Booster Posts: 121

7. Uvindu

Uvindu TS Booster Posts: 121

Sorry. I didn't quote that properly! :) this is what I meant to say:

Skype is already there for your pocket. As long as you can live without the front-facing camera for devices without the hardware.

Check Skype.com.

They have mobile versions of skype which work with Windows Mobile, iOS and probably Android. Check out the version for iPhone/iPod here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/iphone-for-skype/

It works great on my iPaq 110, except for the fact that it has no camera.

UV :)