TechSpot

Next Windows Phone update to include VPN support, various fixes

By Jos
Nov 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. With the launch of Windows Phone 8 almost exactly a month ago, Microsoft is already looking forward to an interim update for the platform. Codenamed Apollo Plus, the update is said to include wireless and audio improvements, as well as...

Read more

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 891   +133

VPN support will be pretty sweet. The notification center COULD be huge if they implement it smartly.

3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Guru Posts: 593   +47

I'm really looking forward to this! I just wish they'd fix their issues with connecting to an Exchange email account. For crying out loud, Microsoft products should be able to work with each other!

4. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

Thankgod for VPN Support. no VPN support was almost a deal breaker for me. Now im sold on WP8

5. R3DP3NGUIN

R3DP3NGUIN TS Enthusiast Posts: 154

I also had problems with WP7.5 in regards to exchange, the only way to get the phone to talk to my exchange server was to manually import SSL certificates onto the phone..

6. These are the first posts I have seen about Exchange issues.
    Looking at moving to WP8 from Droid and not finding an incredible amount of info on VPN, Exchange or RDP for WP8

Would you guys/gals with the WP8 phones suggest one to wait for Exchange and VPN before moving?

THANKS!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.