NF4SK8AA Fan Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwyllie

I have an NF4SK8AA board with a crippled fan. The fan is located between the PCI/E slots and was damaged by a protrusion from a heat sink placed on a video card in one of those slots (This issue was discussed here). I've managed to use a cardboard spacer to clear the heat sink from the fan but the fan is noisy and appears not to be spinning at a full and consistent speed. It has been cooling adequately and has run in this configuration about 5 days and just did a reboot today (previously it was rebooting about 3 times per day). What I'm trying to find out is if this fan is replaceable, how difficult it would be, and where I might locate one. Any help at this point would be appreciated. Please advise if any further information is needed.

Yes. All fans are replaceable... but you need all the information off the fan... and dimensions before you go searching... Does it install with a 3-pin or 4-pin plug or socket? If so, that makes it easy. Just take exact measurements, the search the parts sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back