TechSpot

Nforce2 driver update 2.41 not available through anybody's links

By Lisubie
May 26, 2003
  1. I have a major problem with the sound chip or controller on my A7NX8 mainboard. I get sound distortion ranging from crackles and pops in media player or winamp to rhythmic, pulsing white noise bursts in Heros of Might and Magic 4.

I have downloaded the Realtek ALC650 drivers for the chip, but I am a bit nervous about writing over the ASUS driver package. Realtek also points out many problems are controller based, not chip based.

So, I am looking for Nforce2 chip updates. Supposedly, there is a NVidia Nforce2 version 2.41 driver update - listed on this site, as well- but no matter where I go, I get a 'page not found' message.

I have checked to see that I accept all cookies. I have turned off my outpost firewall. I have set Opera to identify itself as Explorer. I have even used IE. So now what do I do?

Has Nvidia changed it's mind?

2. negroplasty

negroplasty TS Maniac Posts: 537   +12

You can't find the 2.41 nForce drivers because they have been removed from NVIDIA's site for an unknown reason. I expect you are running Windows XP, what drivers are you currently using?

nForce Drivers: 2.03

3. Shaft

Shaft TS Rookie Posts: 100

The reason they were removed is because many people were having trouble with the IDE driver. I've read of a number of people reinstalling windows because of it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.