Sound Issue with Realtek HD Audio Driver

Okay so I have tried everything to get this X to go away from my sound menu even had a Nvidia Support guy have access to my computer and we couldn't get anything to work. The Issue is that I can't even see this Driver anymore anywhere in my Device Manager and can't get it to return. I did a Windows update and Nvidia Update today and it started happening after that. It comes up as a detected issue of:
High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A170&SUBSYS_86C91043&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FB This device cannot start.
And my DXDiag is attached! If anyone can help and or suggest anything that would be great. I tried front and back ports on my computer can't get sound out of monitor or headphones.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
Ok if you haven't already tried, uninstall your nvidia drivers completely.
Restart the nvidia driver installation, make sure you avoid installing hd sound drivers from nvidia.

It always mucks up stuff with realtek hd audio.
Usually something will bsod and make something else not work anymore.
Reboot the compuer one time after installing gpu drivers, physx and whatever else.

Since we don't know your system specs, mainly the mobo it will be hard to figure out what the problem is.

This will show your motherboard model number in the mobo tab in cpu-z

Try the below solution to fix Sound Issue with Realtek HD Audio Driver

1. Update Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Manually
2. Update Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Automatically
3. Check For Windows Updates
4. Restore Your System Using Restore Points

The Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem. To do so you will need to use the Windows Device Manager. Device Manager is a Control Panel applet in Microsoft Windows operating systems If there is one, then it means that there is an issue with your driver and you need to update it.

Back