TechSpot

NFS Most Wanted is Blurred

By kimboy
Aug 15, 2008
  1. Hey, I just got a new nVidia Geforce 6200, everything(well almost everything) is well, When I play Need For Speed Most Wanted, the game loads fine when I start speeding everything else (the trees, other traffic cars, buildings, signs) become blurred. The frame rate at this time is not that bad.. Is there anything I can download that can make the gameplay improve? My specs are: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, WD 120 GB HD, nVidia GeForce 6200, sound-integrated.

2. Eddie_42

Eddie_42 TS Rookie Posts: 173

thats a design feature. Its supposed to give the impression of speed. Same thing happens in NFS 2 underground.

should be a setting somewhere in the options menu to turn that off, or if my memory recalls, turning down the graphics detail a notch should do it. You'll still get the fancy road texture/lights/NOS etc, but it should knock out the blurring effect. Nothing to do with your computer not being able to handle the game, just programmed that way

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,429   +28

Turn off motion blur in the Advanced Graphics options. To get there, press 2 after you go into the Graphics options.

4. kimboy

kimboy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

Thanks for your replies guys. Let me turn off the motion blur effect. I'll report back with my findings.

5. kimboy

kimboy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 39

Hey, I didn't find the "Motion Blur" option under video options. But I googled "turn off motion blur nfs mw" and viola! I found a tool that can turn it off. I downloaded it and ran it. Now the game's perfect(no motion blur no more). Know what, I upgraded from geforce4 MX420, playing MW on it was like a punishment, everything had sharp edges....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.