TechSpot

nice riddle

By Crazy
Nov 27, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. Assume that you have just heard of a scandal and that you are the first one to know. You pass it on to 4 persons in a matter of 30 minutes. Each of these 4 persons in turn passes it to 4 other persons in the next 30 minutes and so on.

Assume that no one hears it more than once and that the world population is 5.6 billion.

How long will it take for everybody in the world to get to know the scandal?

This is a math one

Greets Crazy,

2. somekid007

somekid007 TS Rookie Posts: 369

theres always someone born to the world. never will the entire world hear about it

3. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

I think it's safe to assume that by "and that the world population is 5.6 billion" he means static, that people that are born don't matter (they wouldn't know about a scandal anyway)

4. somekid007

oh well, being an IB student means im used to thinking outside the box....

5. Crazy

Crazy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 191

LMAO its a riddle dont think so far, just do the math:grinthumb

6. somekid007

5.6 billion = aprox 4^22.83, 22.83x30min = 685min. pardon me if i am wrong, for i m not too great with math, despite being azn

7. Crazy

Crazy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 191

the correct awnser is about 255 minutes:grinthumb

Greets Crazy

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.