TechSpot

Nikon signs agreement with Microsoft for Android-powered cameras

By Shawn Knight
Feb 22, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia has signed a patent licensing agreement with Microsoft that will give them access to the company’s broad patent portfolio for use with certain Nikon cameras utilizing the Android platform. A press release noted the contents of the agreement would...

Read more

2. roxxas2

roxxas2 TS Rookie Posts: 64   +20

Lol that's the dumbest thing I've seen in two years. Android powered cameras... WHO THE **** NEEDS A QUAD CORE CAMERA?!

3. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Booster Posts: 195   +33

My grandma used to say "who needs cameras? you have a memory, silliest things ever"

4. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

The first like says Nokia, where as the next few lines say Nikon.

Is that on purpose or did someone have too much to drink :|

Wendig0 likes this.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,168   +243

Why in the hell would Nikon need to sign a agreement with microsoft for something google related? the person that did this article is either smoking weed whilst having a few bottles of vodka or this is a total lie.

tehbanz likes this.
  6. "Why in the hell would Nikon need to sign a agreement with microsoft for something google related? the person that did this article is either smoking weed whilst having a few bottles of vodka or this is a total lie."

No, everyone that wants to make an Android device has to pay Microsoft patent fees. Surely everyone knows this by now.

7. wastedkill

Microsoft the patent troll trying to prevent innovation yet again, Microsoft should pay google patent fees for their OS!!!!

Wendig0 likes this.
  8. I thought having a decent camera that was Android based was convenient, since it allowed me to use a custom app to upload pictures to a website, but the battery life was so horrible, I returned it after using for 2-days.

9. wastedkill

Thank microsoft for that :) they had to make it worse because of microsoft grabbing the profits.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.