TechSpot

Nintendo 3DS sets sales record, 'BSOD' isn't widespread

By Matthew
Mar 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The Nintendo 3DS disappointed many early customers when it launched in North America on Sunday. By Monday afternoon, there were multiple user reports of an error that is being collectively referred to as the "Black Screen of Death." Users received the following message: "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again."

Read the whole story

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Enthusiast Posts: 319   +18

wonder if it is connected to their killswitch XD

3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,924   +373

how about the people that DONT have access to wifi, that bought it expecting it to work. Like the 10 year old kids, they would hardly know how to do this!

4. I had this problem with my UK 3DS and the firmware update was no help. I just returned it to the store I bought it from (Gamestation), they swapped it for a new one and it has not happened once with this new system! :)

5. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

My thoughts exactly.

"Oh, blimey. My 3DS stopped working again, it did."
    "Get a firmware update a support.nintendo.com!"
    "Pardon?"
    "Firmware, accessible through most connections - including Wi-Fi!

-> What about the poor innocent children!?, one might ask. Will they be able to fix the problem? Geez Nintendo...

6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,243   +79

What??? Really?????

No one spotted the "support centre"? That is either spanglish, french or who knows...

Back to topic... sadly for you this portable gaming console is not aimed at poor inocent children and I'm most certain that anyone who has adquisitive power to buy one of this has internet, or their school has, or mcdonald, or [INSERT NAME HERE].

I remember the time when something broke out on me (Being a kid) and either:
    a.- Dismantle it to check where the problem (Normally it was easy to dismantle and way more fun to assemble xD).
    b.- Call my parents.

7. yRaz

yRaz TS Booster Posts: 918   +95

LOL!! I find both A and B funny because when I was 9 years old I would take everything apart. One time I broke the phone and tried to fix it. After I failed I took the phone line that connected to the wall and disconnected the wires inside. After I still didn't get the phone to work I took apart all of the phone lines in the house. My parents came home because the couldn't call me >.<. They got pissed but I was the only one who knew how to rewire it so I didn't get in any trouble after putting it all back together. very old, funny memory of mine that that comment reminded me of

I have no idea what I was thinking back then...

Regarding the firmware update, I don't think that very many people know how to do that. All you have to do is listen to modern music to realize just how dumb people have gotten.

8. mcmurphy12

mcmurphy12 TS Member Posts: 93

"Centre" is the British version of center.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.