TechSpot

Nintendo 3DS sold out in Japan, already hacked

By Jos
Feb 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nintendo's much-anticipated 3DS gaming handheld had a stellar debut in Japan this weekend, selling close to 400,000 units in just two days while the top selling launch title Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle moved around 120,000 copies during the same timeframe. Although stocks are reportedly dry for now, more units will inevitably arrive in the week as Nintendo tries to reach its target of 1.5 million units shipped in Japan and 4 million worldwide by March 31.

Read the whole story
  2. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Maniac Posts: 481   +8

For me to actually consider purchasing this, I will personally need:
    1.an established library
    2.good reviews of the hardware beyond initial impressions
    3.XL version
    4.price drop

So I'll be getting this when the 4DS comes out. Nintendo 4DS:Bringing you incomprehensible gaming, on the go!
  3. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,075   +76

Any company that says their product is "unhackable", or that it "will be foolproof to cracks from illegal downloaders", is just asking for it to be hacked.
  4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

It was probably nintendo's plan. Tell people it's unhackable and watch as all the hackers run out to try and be the first to hack it. Nintendo isn't stupid, and it's a great way to increase sales.
  5. bielius

bielius TS Booster Posts: 227   +14

This guy has 4 hands!
  6. I noticed that too. lolz

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.