Nintendo 3DS to launch by March 2011, design not final

By Jos
Jun 21, 2010
  1. Nintendo's new 3DS gaming handheld was one of the biggest hits of last week's E3 show. Though we have yet to see it in person, many of those that have came out impressed with the hardware, claiming it ends all doubts surrounding the possibility of creating 3D effects without the need for glasses. But for all the praise it received, what Nintendo failed to reveal at E3 was an actual release date and pricing details for its next-generation gaming device.

Read the whole story
  2. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

The design is not final means- WHOOPS everyone hates it, lets fix it. :D
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

No it means they're taking user input, which can be good and can be bad.
  4. EpicPie

EpicPie TS Rookie Posts: 46

imo dpad needs to be on top and that analog stick thingy should be on bottom.
  5. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,159   +67

I've yet to see anyone who hated the device. Every comment I read from people who saw it was that it works well and they're looking forward to it.

Anyway, March 2011 is a way off. On one hand, this means that it's hard to carry then enthusiasm until then. On the other hand, it means that developers can create a nice game lineup until release.
  6. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

Agreed. The disk would line up better with the buttons on the right side. Nintendo guys. There's a reason most people disliked your N64 controller. Bad button placement. Though that disk doesn't look to promising as we all know what used a disk and how bad it was. The intellivision. It either reminds me of that or a colecovision joystick with the top sawed off. I heard it's stiff and almost unusable.
  7. RealXboxMaster

RealXboxMaster TS Rookie Posts: 139

Here you have it. Lets take a 2004 orginal outdated DS technology add 3D effects and call it the new 3DSi. OLD DS console with same specs in a new shell just like what they have done with the Wii (GameCube in a Wii shell with added wifi).........CRAP. I'm not one of those consumers that fall for this kind of bullsh..
  8. Uninformed troll is uninformed
  9. @realxboxmaster

Dude it has new specs...
  10. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 490   +16

I think we should start a petition to rename "Activision Blizzard" to "Blizzard"....I mean come's like ketchup on fillet minion, some people may like it, but those people need to be beaten.
  11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,890   +645

12. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 828   +17

I would have to play with one first and see how much I liked the 3D aspect of it before I bought one. But it might be a nice replacement for my friends DS as her's has a big crack thru the screen :p.
  13. Then don't buy it. Simple as that. I think it will be pretty cool personally. Maybe it's just me being a Nintendo fan since I was young, but I don't really care if it doesn't have graphics similar to a PC or a PS3, they look improved enough to me.
  14. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,890   +645

It has Barely changed at all all! just added a 3D effect to everything! its slightly better graphically and the screens seem nicer. but it has at the end of the day BARELY CHANGED!
  15. RealXboxMaster

RealXboxMaster TS Rookie Posts: 139

ROFL.....Same BS, same hardware, same sh.t. Wait for the real HH, (PSP2)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.