TechSpot

Nintendo pioneer Hiroshi Yamauchi dead at 85

By Shawn Knight
Sep 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Japanese businessman Hiroshi Yamauchi, the man responsible for pulling Nintendo from the brink of bankruptcy and transforming it into the iconic brand it is today, has died at the age of 85. He passed away of pneumonia in a hospital...

Read more

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 6,590   +335

3. DuhWookie

DuhWookie TS Rookie

RIP Hiroshi
    You developed a brilliant console <3

4. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TS Booster Posts: 134   +14

He sounded like an awesome man. Very loyal to his company and sensible as well while remaining far more down to earth, which makes sense for someone in the gaming industry. Responsible for bringing in Shigeru Miyamoto.

What can you say about a guy like that? He is personally responsible for countless hours of fun in my life. Rest in Peace.

5. Moxiy

Moxiy TS Member Posts: 38

Trully tha grave is full of riches. May he rest in peace...

6. RIP Hiroshi, you brought joy into the lives of many young people with the Nintendo consoles, including myself.

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

RIP. Amazing man.

8. That Mario dying music would be epic at his funeral.

9. Man's influence changed the world. I honestly believe without him thrusting gaming into international spotlight that Techspot, PC Gaming or any of our crazy consoles would not be here to day.
    RIP, I'll some Duckhunt in your memory.

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Goodnight, sweet prince.

11. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 285   +33

One of the greatman in gaming history! RIP

12. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

R.I.P to the man who pretty much created the video game market as we know it.