TechSpot

Nintendo president reveals new Mario, Zelda titles headed to Wii U

By Shawn Knight
Jan 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Since launching in October 2012, the Nintendo Wii U’s gaming catalog has only seen a handful of new games and even fewer big name titles. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata aimed to change that earlier today as he unveiled a series...

Read more

2. If they do the zelda games correctly I might be willing to purchase a Wii u. I'm a huge nintendo fan for a long time but there lack of titles on the wii u and gimmicky controls doesn't make me jump up and down to go buy one.

3. Although recent Mario and especially Zelda games haven't dissapointed so far, Nintendo needs new intellectual property badly imo.

4. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 408   +79

Who doesn't love Mario!

5. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Pokemon MMO, kgo.

6. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 688   +48

Wii U needs games badly! But making another Super mario Bros, or remaking an old game is NOT enough, c'mon what happened to the N64 days, we need gamesssssss!

7. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,603   +110

Makes me think of the old game Gauntlet "Red warrior needs health badly!!!". I'm in agreement that they need to come out with some new games, not just more of the same with a new controller or a couple of new enemies to deal with and a novel new control mechanism.

8. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 638   +127

This isn't exactly news. You can't have a Nintendo console without a batch of games that can be prefixed with "another bloody". Especially Another Bloody Mario, Another bloody Mario Kart, Another Bloody Zelda and Another Bloody Metroid.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

I've been saying this since the Gamecube, Nintendo need a new franchise!

Also agreed with St1ckM4n, a Pokemon MMO would be the biggest hit this decade!

10. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,025   +154

mario who?
    :) just kidding...

used to play it on nes, then super nes.
    but my real loves are pacman and battle city.
    I have them in my emulator.
    and pacman (and/or ms pacman) is available also via dosbox.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.