TechSpot

Nintendo slashes DS Lite price to $100

By Emil
May 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nintendo today announced it will soon slash the suggested retail price for its DS Lite system. The price tag will change from $130 to $100 in the US as of…

Read the whole story

2. I can't wait to not buy one. Nintendo really became irrelevant in recent years and the specs on the DS make me want to vomit, even more so than the wii does.

3. Price cuts are always welcome news. Although I bought an original DS, I'm glad I purchased it, well worth the money. This DS Lite for this price is great. If only the games were cheaper and you had the possibility of connecting a DS to a TV (ignoring picture quality!).

4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,504   +311

I recently read somewhere on the internet a report from major game resellers in the UK and the 3DS is the most brought back console of all time?!

If I had created a console and everyone who bought it were bringing it back to trade in or for a refund I would lower the cost on a more popular console still made by me to try and recoup some losses.

And no offence to Nintendo but, the specs on their consoles are shocking at best, why can't they produce a decently powered console for the same price? if sony can do it, why can't you?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.