Nintendo Switch Lite Review

"To me the Switch Lite is to the Switch as the 2DS is to the 3DS. Both play the same games, but one is cheaper and stripped of features that some players never bothered with anyway."

And that's what revisions are all about.

I never liked the idea of Joy cons.

#1 Why have detachable controllers with small batteries connected to a large unit with a compromised battery when you could have one large unit with a larger battery, thereby giving the total device more battery life?

#2 The Joycons are too small for larger hands to comfortably play - not to mention having to state at a distance at a small screen. Streamlining the device allows you to make the device less expensive, thereby putting it into the hands of more people - which eliminates the entire need for Joy cons.

I prefer the single piece design of the Switch Lite...but I prefer the higher build quality and dockability of the Switch. It would be nicer if they had designed the Switch like this from the getgo and returned this year with a less expensive switch.

On a side note...reports are out that the Switch is suffering joystick drift in some reports.

I find it amusing how people always fail for this Nintendo trick. Keep releasing and selling outdated hw for the price of the latest gen consoles and same boring overpriced games having negligible content without any significant changes at sub HD resolution and terrible framerate. One has to be insane to pay 49 USD for Mario Maker, Zelda etc. No to mention their consoles lack the infrastructure, mundane features etc.

Getting paid to play Nintendo!
Go Steve go!
Wonder what your side job is? Beer testing probably :D.

I find it amusing how people always fail for this Nintendo trick. Keep releasing and selling outdated hw for the price of the latest gen consoles and same boring overpriced games having negligible content without any significant changes at sub HD resolution and terrible framerate. One has to be insane to pay 49 USD for Mario Maker, Zelda etc. No to mention their consoles lack the infrastructure, mundane features etc.

Sent from your first gen i3 system with 4GB of ram and GTX460, staying cool and quiet in mom's basement.

Looks like a paid ad by Nintendo rather than an unbiased review. The opening sentence starts it all.

Wut? There are a bunch of good games on the Switch. And since they're good, people buy them because... because they're good. It isn't always about the graphics. Shocker, I know. Some multi-console exclusive games (no PC port), I choose to buy the PS4 or XBOX version because I want the best graphics. Certain games seems more fun on the go, so for those I would rather buy the Switch edition, such as Stardew Valley.

And for other games where I want the best graphics and it also was ported to PC well, I would buy it on Steam or GOG. That's what my GTX 1070 is for.

And what's wrong with spending 49 USD for games, like Zelda you mentioned. I'm pretty damn sure Zelda: Breath of the Wild, for instance, have just as much content or more compared to games on other "superior" game consoles which are typically sold for 59 USD. Are you assuming all games released on the Switch are just mobile games?

Back