Nividia GeForce 105M vs ATI Radeon HD 3470

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowerpoddess

I'd like to know which one of this graphic card is better than the other. It would be best if it wasn't a biased opinion since a lot of people just go for one based on the brand or simply haven't tried out the other, so they just pick the one they're familiar with. Based on it's specification could someone give me an opinion and a reason as to why it's better? I don't quite get the benchmark section either.

Thanks in advance.

Flowerpoddess

the nvidia card beats out the 3470 in 3dmark05 by 300 points, it would make the difference in some cases, but not many at all, I'd say if you're pinching go for the cheaper one, its extremely difficult to visually see the difference between the two cards. Without running benchmarking software. The nvidia card is about a 10% increase in performance in 3d applications.

Supermashbrada - Thank you for your reply.

When I was looking at the Notebook site, I saw that the Nvidia card allowed the user to play the WoW at medium setting but the ATI did not so does make make quite a bit of a difference.

Okay, I'm just going to put down some specifications of two laptops, which one sounds better.

Intel Centrino 2 - 2.53GHZ P8700
4GB Ram
320GB - Hard drive
ATI HD 3470 512mb
Fingerprint Reader
FM tuner
14.1" - Monitor

Intel Centrino 2 - 2.4GHZ P8600
(Min) 4GB - (Max) 8GB Ram
500GB - Hard drive
Nvidia GeForce 105M 512mb
Fingerprint Reader
No FM tuner
13.3" - Monitor

Well the nvidia setup has a smaller screen, yielding a smaller resolution, allowing you to play games with less strain on the pc.

Go with the 2nd setup. Although i could probably see 25ish fps at medium settings on wow, which is pretty smooth for a notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back