TechSpot

No ASIO with Fast Track Pro

By Gouge
Aug 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I run a Windows 7 (64 bit) PC with an Avid Fast Track Pro audio interface (also Pro Tools MP9). With Sibelius 7 it recommends using ASIO drivers, but when I try, I get a messgae saying that "The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB interfaces! Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel". I get the same message when using PowerTracks Pro Audio.

I have set the audio playback to Fast Track Pro as default at 44.1 khz 16-bit CD quality. I know that Fast Track Pro has ASIO otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!!

I read in another forum that it could be the Windows overwriting the sample rate to one not supported, yet I can't find any problems on my settings or ideas on how to overcome the problem.

Any ideas, guys? :oops:

2. Gouge

Gouge TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 128

OK, I found a fix.

I downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL. While not a perfect solution, I can now use the software.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.