No audio controller after reloading Windows XP

I had my pc crash and had to reload Window XP. Since, I have no audio. My system says no audio device.
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&A5 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4372&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_11\3&61AAA01&0&A0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5954&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_00\4&1C9EB71F&0&2808 The drivers for this device are not installed.

You're best bet is to first look for the drivers provided by your computer maker (or motherboard vendor's) support site. They should list the drivers for your model there.

Note you're missing three drivers: audio, video plus "SM Bus Controller". That last one is a controller for a slow speed data device on your machine (e.g. maybe a card reader). After you have a look at vendor support site, post back and let us know if you still need help.

I had my pc crash and had to reload Window XP. Since, I have no audio. My system says no audio device.
Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&A5 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4372&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_11\3&61AAA01&0&A0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5954&SUBSYS_1B341019&REV_00\4&1C9EB71F&0&2808 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Look I am new at this. But I had the same issue. I tried all the "Guru" stuff. I finally...as a last resort, went and deleted all the Sound Controller Drivers. Then I went to the manufacture's site (mine was toshiba). I looked for the closet model number to mine with XP Professinal installed. I had gone from XP home to XP Pro. I did not care about if it was a soundmax or realtek. I looked at the file size. The closer the better. I downloaded and installed the driver...Bam it booted up and ran great!
Just a note. I tried Driverupdater. It loaded the old driver and crashed. That's when I finally tried this method. Good luck. Please let me know if this works. You might want to email me. I only check this site once every week or so.

Again Good Luck, ynotbme!

PS: email me if you want to try DriverUpdater.

Went to the vendors site and they helped me download the information. It did not help. Still no sound

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=536&DetailName=Feature
Did you recall seeing any error message when you installed? Recall what it said? Also, please post a dxdiag report. It may help give me a better of idea of what's going on with your problem.

Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

If you can't recognize the recommended drivers for this device then I would suggest to use Driver scanning tools - that will search for the missing and outdated drivers over internet. OR simply visit the manufacturer website and download device specific drivers.

Back