No audio device detected, HP G60

Ok...took apart my laptop to fix the power plug cause it was loose..and well i fixed it and put my laptop back together and no i have no audio. It just says no audio output device installed..and now it just make loud beeps..on certain occasions lol..i dont kno wher to start can u guys please help a guy out..thank you very very much .

Did you use anti static protection when you repaired the AC Jack? Do you know how to solder? Did you have to totally remove the laptops motherboard from the laptop's case?

no i didnt have to soder anything i just have to secure the little metal box that surronds it..i didnt have to take the motherboard out

Take a look in the device manager and tell us if you see any yellow exclamation points in the list. It could just be a coincidence that a recent Windows Update installed the wrong Realtek sound driver update. This really happens, mostly with XP

No red "X"s either? Did you reconnect the laptops built-in speakers? The wires are red and black and the connectors are real tiny. Of course disconnected audio wires wouldn't give you a "no audio output device installed" error. Maybe a static arc damaged the audio processor

Back