No "audio device"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I recently reformatted my PC and everything is working great. Except one thing... I have no sound now! My speakers are turned on, and they are plugged in. I have tried going to device manager and finding what my sound card was, but it has a yellow ? on media audio controller and on USB controller (not sure if that has anything to do with sound.) I need to find out what my sound card is, and heres some facts about my pc that might be of help. I got them from CCleaner.
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHz, 256MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420
Made by: DELL
I really need sound back, and I think my sound card is a Soundblaster, but i've tried installing drivers to no avail.
EVEREST report

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------
Version EVEREST v2.20.405

Report Type Quick Report
Computer BLACKBEAUTY
Generator Eric
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2008-10-07
Time 23:02

--------[ Windows Audio ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wave-in.0 0001 0050 Modem #0 Line Record
wave-out.0 0001 0051 Modem #0 Line Playback

--------[ PCI / PnP Audio ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1] PCI

EVEREST report on Mulitimedia... hope this helps.

edited, yet which drivers do i install? and i dont have a disk for my sound card, and i dont really know what it is, so i dont know what drivers to install...

u need to install the drivers for the computer, the mobo drivers will have the usb drivers for that mobo and if u are using onboard sound, the sound drivers will be on it to. oh I just reread u're thread, go to Dell and get the drivers for u're computer. if it is an ad on card it will have came with a disk with the drivers on it that will have to be install to get the sound working.

I know my computer doesn't recognize it, but it is there with the yello ?... and I dont think it is a built in sound card (could be wrong)

Thanks for all your help...

When you go to the Dell Drivers link above and click on the link under "Drivers and Downloads" you should then be taken to the Dell support site holding all your drivers.

Go through the list until you see your Audio driver then download it
Once downloaded double click on it and run
Some of these drivers then fully install on your system
But some just extract to a folder like C:\Dell\Audio... or something

If the drivers just extract to a folder, note this folder destination (ie write it down)
Then go to Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc
Right click on your Audio queried device and select "Update Driver"
Do Not select online, select manually or "No not at this time"
Install the files manually from a destination
Then browse to where the Dell drivers extracted (as stated above, probably C:\Dell somewhere)
Install the drivers

That should work

Otherwise you may need to supply your Dell Make and Model number (which will just take us to the same page that you are going to anyway!)

Thanks, after trying all the drivers on for my dimension (and a couple other ones) i got to the last driver, figured it wouldn't work. But, i installed it, and when shutting down i heard the music. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

For info to Dell users looking at this thread - if you access the Dell site and input your Dell Service Tag Number you will be linked to the drivers for that specific computer (which means you will get the list of drivers that are meant for your as-bought configuration).

IF you added a new audio or video card, that would be a different story.

:)

i have a laptop lenovo i have done all things but there is no sound /// no sound divice
2. Azmixersel.exe has a problem is showing whenever i starts the computer

pradeep21051983
Look at [post=686170]this post [/post]and follow the same advice. Including creating your own thread for your own problem please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back