No audio output device installed

When I go to problem device I get this

High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&3&A2 This device cannot start.
Realtek High Definition Audio ROOT\MEDIA\0000 This device cannot start.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    28 KB · Views: 12
Your description of the hardware in your post sounds like a device manager properties dialog. Try to update driver software through device manager (right click my computer >> properties >> device manager (navigation dependent on OS)).If you right click the device in the device manager and select "update driver software", that could fix it. You can also try uninstalling, then re-installing the device through the device manager.

Oh, I just noticed the name of that text file from dxdiag so you probably weren't in the device manager. Go to the device manager and try what I posted above.

I have tried numerous of solutions already and nothing seems to work. I tried to un-install than re-install. I tried to update driver software but it tells me I already have it up to date. I got the driver software from the manufacturers website and that still did not work. I am having no luck with this.

Here's some tips / hints that may help along the way for those that have Hi Def sound (also skim [post=1002891]Guide to Troubleshooting Windows Audio and Sound Problems[/post])

High Definition (HD) audio connects like this
Windows <===> HD Audio Controller <===> HD Devices​

The HD Audio controller must work before your HD devices can be detected and work (it's similar to if your USB controller wasn't working, then no USB devices could be detected or work)

Your HD controller will appear in Device Manager under System Devices. It's the HD devices that appear under Sound category (once the controller is working correctly)

Internal sound cards connect to the PCI bus
> The onboard and (internal) addon HD audio controller device ID starts PCI\
> Once the controller is working, HD Devices can be detected. HD devices that connect to the controller have IDs that start HDAUDIO\

@kobbe, your dxdiag System Device section shows
Code:
     Name: High Definition Audio Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&3&A2
   Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), 11/20/2010 03:59:29, 108544 bytes
Your HD controller is an ATI chip. It's currently using the Windows generic driver for HD controllers (hdaudbus.sys). Which is quite common (unless ATI provides it own hardware specific driver for the chip)

I suggest you reinstall the chipset drivers for your machine next. See if that helps get the controller to work

Back