No Audio Output- How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus p5n-d mobo and have assembled it into my computer, and everything works, except for my speakers. I have tried them on my laptop and they are fully functional, but none of the audio... speaker holes work.

I am fairly sure where the front panel plugs should be connected to the motherboard (in the southwest corner, cpu being center north), and there is a set of 9 pins, like this
[:::.:]
or
a b c -- e
a b c d e (for reference)

I have two setups for the pins in my booklet that came with my mobo
there is an Azalia-compliant pin definition, and a Legacy AC 97-con pin definition. I don't know what this means.
There are charts for the pin definitions, however they do not match the front panel cord sections.

Azalia..........a.................b......................c...................d.....................e
...........[....(gnd) ...(presence#)...(sense1_retur).......(---) .......(sense2_retur).]
...........[.(port1L)........(port1R)..........(port2R)....(sense_send).....(port2L)......]

Legacy........a..................b...................c...............d...............e
...............[(AGND)........(N/C) ............(N/C)......... (---).........(N/C).......]
...............[.(MIC2).....(MICPWR)....(line out R).....(N/C)....(line out L).]

The front panel audio connection cord has
some mic sections ...(power, bias)
some speaker left ....(return, (some other thing))
Some speaker Right (Return, other)
And a ground ...........(Ground)

So i have only 7 acceptors for 9 pins
I tried connecting them in reasonable configuration, with Legacy, because it seemed to fit better with my acceptors, so i tried with the ground in AGND, and Mic Bias and power in Mic 2 and pwr respectively. Line out R and the one above it have the speaker Right acc, the same with line out L and the one above it. I tried without putting acc's on the pins above line out L and R, but it didnt work that way either.

In any case, the speakers wont work, and i really would appreciate help in the matter.
Thank you!

Your first example is AC97 audio... HD Audio uses more pins but I don't have a reference in front of me at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back