TechSpot

No bootable device. Hit any key

By Andrius
Dec 7, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys I read about it on every page that Google have but no luck. Basically I have a customer that wants laptop packardbell easynote te to be fixed. Problem is that I have fixed it before having ssd instead of hdd In it but recently was removed and since then it won't boot with any hdd and won't read any bootable dvd or usb it does recognises hdd in bios hard drives working on any other laptop or pc usb and dvd works also I have no idea how to fix this one. Any suggestions?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The motherboard may have failed in an odd way

3. Andrius

Andrius TS Rookie Topic Starter

I hope it's not. For some reason it reads one of windows install disks but it's scratched to much so it freezes won't read anything else. I think there's a problem with bios just don't know what it is yet

4. Tmagic650

Can you try updating the bios?

5. Andrius

Don't know how to do it yet but looking at it right now. I have removed cmos battery to reset bios but still the same problem.

6. Andrius

Solved! It's an windows 8 laptop originally and I'm trying to install win 7 problem was that win 8 using uefi and after I just changed to legacy and it's working brilliant now.

7. Tmagic650

Thanks for the update, good work!