TechSpot

No bridge connector for two Radeon HD 5770's

By benmenftw
Apr 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys I recently purchased a second xfx radeon hd 5770, but I have no crossfire bridge connector! I assumed there would be one, as on AMD's site it says they are included with the card. Here is the link to the card on newegg that I ordered: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

Is there another way to connect them? Do I have to order a bridge connector? Please help.

2. benmenftw

benmenftw TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Hey wait I found a cheap HIS connector, will it work with xfx cards if it is an HIS bridge connector though?

3. reph05

reph05 TS Rookie

It will be working. Since every crossfire bridge is just to connect 2 radeon's together, as long as it is a crossfire bridge it can work.

4. benmenftw

Well I got the only one they had on Newegg, which is actually an XFX one. It will be here next week and since my upgrades will not be needed until later this year I'm good.

5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Hey did you order the bridge yet? I build custom gaming systems and I have a box full of them. If you Pm your address i will send you one on the house.
    to answer your other question, yes it will work, all they are for is load balancing and they are not brand specific.

6. benmenftw

Sorry yeah dang dude, I paid like thirty bucks for this bridge too, ( had to ship to AK) thank you for the offer though!

7. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

30$!! yikes, well if you can cancel somehow, the offer stands. I have Bridges that will span 1,2, or 3 PCIE slots.

8. bluebob951

bluebob951 TS Member Posts: 57

xfx also gives the crossfire connectors out for free. thats how i got mine, all you need to do is ask them for it and it'll be there in a few days at no charge to you.