No description for ISM-method

Lokalaskurar

Right, so from time to time, I use a cheap (LG) plasma monitor with some interesting features, one of which is called ISM-method.

Since I lost the manual, I asked my retailer exactly what ISM-method was, but he didn't have a clue... as always.
A tech-savvy pal of mine had a guess that ISM-methods might be "methods of removing image burn-ins". (I know what a burn-in is by the way)

However, could someone describe to me exactly what is (an) "ISM-method"?
Not a single search-engine yielded me a response...

Quote "this specific model appears to be equipped with a feature called Image Sticking Minimalization (ISM). According to information provided by the manufacturer, you should be able to access this feature by pressing the "Menu" button on your remote control and selecting the "Option" menu. Under "ISM Method" there should be four different options: Normal, White Wash, Orbiter, and Inversion. Each of these methods slightly alters how images are displayed to prevent - and possibly remove - any kind of image burn.

From what i can find it seems to be a feature that displays an image for a long period of time on your screen to " wash" it, and possibly remove any burn ins.

Google for the win.

And this basically answers the question, even if Google didn't return me any positive results.

ISM would be a method of removing stuck images and to some extent burn-ins on plasma television/display devices.

Thanks alot, mr. :) !

Back