TechSpot

No DirectX 9.0c compatible drivers and no way to find out what I need

By MistressMerr
Oct 18, 2006
  1. Okay, so I'm trying to run the Sims 2 on my computer but it's telling me I don't have DirectX 9.0c compatible drivers. I don't know what kind of video card I have, so I don't know where to get these drivers. When I try to go to the Device Manager to check, it tells me that Windows cannot find mmc.exe

Help?

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

What pc have you got and what windows version is on it????

3. MistressMerr

MistressMerr TS Rookie Topic Starter

Intel Pentium 4 with Windows XP Professional.

4. Rik

I still need to know what pc you have, there are probably millions of pc's out there with P4's in them!!!!!

5. MistressMerr

Where do I go to check?

6. Rik

If it was a shop bought pc it should have a make and model number on it, if it has been built then have a look at its manuals!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MistressMerr

hp pavilion a815n

Is that right?

8. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,428   +27

Yikes it looks like u have only PCI slots. Check this video card out. It will be able to easily play Sims 2 without any problems at all.

9. MistressMerr

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it's not the card. I've played the Sims 2 on this computer before with no problems, but that was a few years ago, and Windows has been re-installed since then.

10. Rik

It IS the graphics card that is the problem %100!!!! HP pavilions are not very good pc's and have an intel chipset graphics card built in which is also crap!!!!

The only 2 choices you have are to buy a new graphics card or buy a proper pc!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.