TechSpot

No DirectX 9.0c compatible drivers and no way to find out what I need

By MistressMerr
Oct 18, 2006
  1. Okay, so I'm trying to run the Sims 2 on my computer but it's telling me I don't have DirectX 9.0c compatible drivers. I don't know what kind of video card I have, so I don't know where to get these drivers. When I try to go to the Device Manager to check, it tells me that Windows cannot find mmc.exe

Help?

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

What pc have you got and what windows version is on it????

3. MistressMerr

MistressMerr TS Rookie Topic Starter

Intel Pentium 4 with Windows XP Professional.

4. Rik

I still need to know what pc you have, there are probably millions of pc's out there with P4's in them!!!!!

5. MistressMerr

Where do I go to check?

6. Rik

If it was a shop bought pc it should have a make and model number on it, if it has been built then have a look at its manuals!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MistressMerr

hp pavilion a815n

Is that right?

8. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,291   +25

Yikes it looks like u have only PCI slots. Check this video card out. It will be able to easily play Sims 2 without any problems at all.

9. MistressMerr

The thing is, I'm pretty sure it's not the card. I've played the Sims 2 on this computer before with no problems, but that was a few years ago, and Windows has been re-installed since then.

10. Rik

It IS the graphics card that is the problem %100!!!! HP pavilions are not very good pc's and have an intel chipset graphics card built in which is also crap!!!!

The only 2 choices you have are to buy a new graphics card or buy a proper pc!!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.