No display after upgrading to a GeForce GT 430 graphics card

Please help. I have an eMachines ET1331G-03w. It has a cheap integrated graphics card and I purchased a new Galaxy GeForce GT 430 graphics card along with a Thermaltake TR2 600w PSU yesterday. I installed both and powered the pc up. The fans fired up in the PSU, the Processor, and the new graphics card. I had my monitor that I had been using with VGA hooked up with an HDMI cable. Now comes the problem. I am not getting any picture whatsoever on my monitor. It says no signal and it wont show any picture, even at the start up. I tried two different HDMI cables, I tried a VGA, and I tried a DVI. None of these made anything appear on the monitor. I turned the system off, took out the new graphics card, removed the new power supply and put the original one back in, and tried to fire it up. Now I have now picture with my original computer plugged into the original VGA slot. I have no idea what to do and I am only a beginner when it comes to installing things into a PC. I have asked around and no one had any idea how to solve this problem. I don't want to have to buy a new computer just because I tried to upgrade this one. That would suck. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

What happens if you try to boot up the pc with the new GPU and PSU installed, but have the monitor hooked up to the integrated VGA port?

you need to go back to the integrated gpu and get your video back. Once you have video via igpu, delete/uninstall the video driver in device manager>>>turn off computer>>>install the 430>>>boot to BIOS and change GPU config to your discrete 430 and not the igpu>>>save&exit bios

Can you get into your BIOS now? You might just need to do the last step.

jdillman1502 - I still get nothing, I tried it with two different monitors that both work fine and they both don't work, even like that.

Buckshot 420 - I tried to go back to the integrated gpu and still nothing. I don't know how to get to the BIOS screen but even if I could I don't get any picture. Is there a way to access the BIOS screen from the keyboard and not a mouse? Like I said I am kind of new at this. I do know that everything is hooked up properly as I took it to best buy and had them look at it, but I wasn't about to pay $199 for them to fix it. Anyway, if any of you have any other suggestions let me know, I'm willing to try anything as I am a college student and need this computer for my studies.

Thanks to both of you for replying so quickly.

what port are you plugging in your monitor? The motherboard video output or the 430 output? Im assuming that you have tried both? You did connect the 430 to your PSU with a pci-e connector didn't you? I'll stay on and try to get this figured out real quick.

Buckshot420 - Yeah, I tried both so far. I did plug the 430 into the PCI - E. I actually read how to access the BIOS screen, so I booted it up with the orignial power supply, orginial graphics and kept pressing F1 on bootup. Well, it went to a screen that said, Press F1 to continue, so I did and now I can access my desktop with full functions. Would you reccommed installing the driver for the graphics card, powering down, and then trying to install? Thanks for all your help on this.

delete/uninstall the video driver in device manager>>>turn off computer>>>install the 430>>> and be sure to connect your monitor to your 430 before you turn your computer back on. Hopefully your next post will be from your 430 :grinthumb

It worked. I have my new PSU and 430 in the pc and drivers installed. Have it all hooked up and it looks great. Test ran World of Warcraft on ultra settings and it looks great with no lag. So happy now. Thank you guys so much for your help. Glad to have a nice upgrade working.

Back