No display and no beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malditohon

i bought a video card (POWER COLOR ATI RADEON 9950) and replace an sparkle geforce forgot the specs. then i replaced the old one by the one o bought. my way in replacing it is by:

1.) uninstall the video card driver
2.) turned off the computer
3.) replaced the old video card w/ the new video card
4.) turned on the computer

after i turned it on the pc don't have display and have no beep. considering every precautions, what seems to be the problem?

Make sure the new card is fully seated and if you can try popping it in another PC. It might just be defective.

Out of curiosity what motherboard do you have?

Your Motherboard has onboard video which your CMOS setting may have been defaulted to, by removing the PCI-E card

Have you tried plugging in the display to your onboard video card?

If this works, then you may need to go into CMOS setting and confirm your display is set for addon PCI-E card and not the onboard one.

Malditohon said:
considering every precautions, what seems to be the problem?

Umm you may have shoved an AGP card into a PCI-Express slot !
(actually don't know if it's possible)

kimsland said:
Umm you may have shoved an AGP card into a PCI-Express slot !
(actually don't know if it's possible)

ahahahah! its an AGP for the information of everybody... and oh there's one more thing its 9550 not 9950.. i've tried changing the display priority to on-board and it has display but when i return it to agp it has no display and beep...

kimsland said:
1 x PCI-E x 16
1 x PCI-E x 1
2 x PCI
!
But there is no AGP on your board ??

By the way CMOS sounds the go (hit DEL or F2 or some other key to get into CMOS when first starting your computer, should be displayed)

If you do indeed have an integrated video card (the only manual I found was for a similar motherboard, not yours), attempt the following if you haven't already (not sure what you mean by this: "i've tried changing the display priority to on-board and it has display but when i return it to agp it has no display and beep").

Attach your monitor to the integrated video card. Head into the BIOS via the Delete key. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab and all the way at the bottom you should see "PCI Configuration", enter there. Somewhere toward the center of the options available to you now, you'll see "Primary VGA BIOS", set it to AGP.

Save those settings and then power down your PC. Attach your monitor to the 9550 and power on again.

If you're still not getting display, try using that video card in another PC if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back