No display duel core 775 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys
i just signed up here in the hope that somebody can help me build my new system because i have tried everything i can possibly think of and now im stuck.
i decided i liked the sound of the dual core so i got the following expecting to be able to just chuck it alltogether but no such luck.
i have got the following parts

motherboard asrock 775v88+
i heard these are quite good because they take almost any type of ram and in the past i have had trouble with a board not taking high density memory but im not quite sure if they support dual core even though the cpu is on the compatibilty list

intel dual core pentium d 840 smithfield 3.2 cpu sl88r

ddr400 1gb ram pc 3200 memory
im pretty sure this memory is compatible as i use the same memory with the 478 version of the above motherboard with no problems and i used some low density memory just in case and that didnt work either

maxtor 200gb sata hard drive

casecom pc case with 350w psu
i have a feeling this may be where my problem is do i need more power from the psu to run a dual core? i have never done a 775 before but it has always been ok with the pentium 4 478

when i put all this together everything seems fine the fans go cd rom lights go on but there is no output to the monitor
please can someone help me im desperate ?

hi thanks for trying
the motherboard has built in graphics
i have also tried putting in a nvidia geforce fx5500
but still no joy
hope this helps

Does the computer beep when you turn it on. If it does then at least you no CPU & motherboard is working. If it doesn't try reseting your bios, it says how in the manual.

I believe it is ur Case+PSU combo. It probably uses a garbage-quality PSU and that's no good. If it ever fries, it can take out most of ur PC's components. Get a good one from Antec, Aspire, Hipro or Liberty. Or get a case w\o PSU and get a separate PSU from Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, FSP Fortron, or Enermax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back