TechSpot

no display duel core 775 please help

By danny1982
Aug 28, 2006
  1. hi guys
    i just signed up here in the hope that somebody can help me build my new system because i have tried everything i can possibly think of and now im stuck.
    i decided i liked the sound of the dual core so i got the following expecting to be able to just chuck it alltogether but no such luck.
    i have got the following parts

motherboard asrock 775v88+
    i heard these are quite good because they take almost any type of ram and in the past i have had trouble with a board not taking high density memory but im not quite sure if they support dual core even though the cpu is on the compatibilty list

intel dual core pentium d 840 smithfield 3.2 cpu sl88r

ddr400 1gb ram pc 3200 memory
    im pretty sure this memory is compatible as i use the same memory with the 478 version of the above motherboard with no problems and i used some low density memory just in case and that didnt work either

maxtor 200gb sata hard drive

casecom pc case with 350w psu
    i have a feeling this may be where my problem is do i need more power from the psu to run a dual core? i have never done a 775 before but it has always been ok with the pentium 4 478

when i put all this together everything seems fine the fans go cd rom lights go on but there is no output to the monitor
    please can someone help me im desperate ?

2. Electrick Gypsy

Electrick Gypsy TS Rookie Posts: 76

You failed to mention what video card you're using.
    Sounds more like the problem lies there to me.

3. danny1982

danny1982 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi thanks for trying
    the motherboard has built in graphics
    i have also tried putting in a nvidia geforce fx5500
    but still no joy
    hope this helps

4. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

Does the computer beep when you turn it on. If it does then at least you no CPU & motherboard is working. If it doesn't try reseting your bios, it says how in the manual.

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I believe it is ur Case+PSU combo. It probably uses a garbage-quality PSU and that's no good. If it ever fries, it can take out most of ur PC's components. Get a good one from Antec, Aspire, Hipro or Liberty. Or get a case w\o PSU and get a separate PSU from Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, FSP Fortron, or Enermax.

6. danny1982

danny1982 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi just tried a 450 w psu still no joy getting rather upset now
    £10 reward via paypal for anyone who can sort it

7. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

Try clearing the bios by moving some jumpers. It will tell you how in the manual of you motherboard.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.