No Display Monitor, new build

Hey guys, so me and my friend are building him a computer, and everything is set up, but we aren't getting display on the monitor. I have;

GTX 970 Asus Strix
x2 8GB RAM sticks ballistix
AsRock 970 fatality motherboard
EVGA power supply ( definitely enough power. )
Hyper. 212 Evo CPU cooler
FX 8350 AMD Processor
All of my parts are compatible. But like I said in the start, no display on the monitor.
My monitor is hooked up correctly, and there is only one way to plug in through The monitor to my graphics card. I've tried switching PCI-E slots. Please give me any suggestions and I'll tangle through them and keep getting back to you guys. Thanks.

Also, I f its to any help, the mouse and keyboard aren't receiving power when I turn it on. Like I said, it's turning on, just not displaying monitor, and the mouse and keyboard aren't getting power either..

Firstly you should make sure you are grounded... so as to not fry the parts.
Motherboard goes in, make sure you tighten every screw. It needs to earth properly. A friend overtightened a screw scratching the mobo once, so I was gingerly doing mine, and it wouldn't boot.
Cpu and cooler obviously. Power to them and the hdd ... All cables properly connected? Modular power supply ? Does your motherboard have a light or anything to indicate power ? Will google it myself in a mo. Make sure all cables are seated and you only have those plugged in which need plugging in. Ram seated in the right slots, like A1 and B1 not A1 and A2 ...
PSU is on ? Plug fuse has not blown ?

Just to let you know, we found the motherboard to be dead. We troubleshooter with my computer and found the graphics and ram to be good, so we switched out motherboards, and it worked. Thanks for posting.
Mitch.

Back