No drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggo32

so I had some nasty spyware, and had to reload my os. now I can't view dvds, I don't have wireless accsess, I can't plug my smartphone to sync. is this because I lost all the drivers on the reload of windows? if so, than what recomondations can u give me.

is there a quick way to do this, or am I doomed to find all my components and download the drivers one by one?

sluggo32 said:
is there a quick way to do this, or am I doomed to find all my components and download the drivers one by one?

No quick way that I know of. As for the doom of manually installing the drivers I would certainly prefer that over Window's own drivers for your hardware.

Sluggo32

1. What is the make/model of your computer? Most computer manufacturers at least offer the info you need (and downloads) for the drivers on the components you got with your computer from manufacturer. BUT REMEMBER THEY LIST ALL DRIVERS FOR ALL COMPONENTS THEY SELL. So you need be sure of your components and they at least have the driver download. Go to the web site (e.g. www.dell.com or www.gateway.com, look a link to Support, then enter model number (or other identifying info - varies by mfr.

2. Try installing Driver Max. Good tool to generate a list of your components and current drivers. In some cases, also generates a report indicating when you need new drivers BUT sometimes the latest is only available from the h/w company and not from your compute mfr. (e.g. new driver at Intel but Dell doesn't say anything about it yet). I'd stick to the mfr offered driver release UNLESS you know you really really need the other one.

3. You can also try pay sites which you allow to diagnose your computer and report on drivers. (i've never used them but am sure some others have.). One example, go see www.driverguide.com

hmmm, ok I got some options than. its an hp pavilion, here the thing though, I bought it used so I have no idea what's inside, component wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back