No email. Keeps asking for user name and password

tcbrb46

I have a HP Vista Home Premium 32 bit computer model m9000t. Use Internet Explorer 9. After several years of using Windows Mail suddenly my mail does not work. It keeps asking for User Name and Password even if the correct user name and password is entered. I called Charter. net three times. I have no problem getting my email when I log on to Charter. Each time I called Charter they check and said everything appears ok. The last thing they do is clear their database. Suddenly, my email shows up on Windows mail. This only happens once as they hang up and then when I go to check my mail its the same old thing. What is the user name and password. Charter referred me to Microsoft who then referred me to HP who then referred me to the $99.00 charge. any help will be appreciated

<snip> It keeps asking for User Name and Password even if the correct user name and password is entered.

Does the login screen say there's a user/password error when it re-prompts you? or does it just keep taking you back to the original login screen (with no error msgs shown?)

If the latter case, i've seen this happen when cookies are disabled for the site you want to login to. Not sure if applies to your case, but something to check

Error message says Account pop.chartermi.net account is locked by another session or for maintenance. Try again. The same box keeps showing up asking for Username and Password. Error number 08x800CCC92. Port 110 secure(SSL)

Here is the last error message. I either get this message or the one previously posted. I tried closing Zonealarm, spybot, avair antivirus one at a time including spy blaster with no change in the problem.

Account: 'pop.charter.net', Server: 'pop.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user name or password.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Account: 'pop.chartermi.net', Server: 'pop.chartermi.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Back