TechSpot

No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices were found

By Ozonite
Jan 25, 2010
  1. I play this game (warrock) and when I try to start it the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound. When I quit there's a message that says:
    "No hardware-accelerated Direct3D devices where found."

This has happened very recently and I've been able to play this game for about 4 years.

I've tried to reinstall the game but that doesn't work.

I already have directX 9.0c installed so I can't reinstall it

When I check the Diagnostic tool for DirectX in the display area there is a text saying: Direct3D acceleration: Not available

I've tried downloading WINDOWS service package 2, which I can't get to work

I've tried virus scan

It is not the video card since the game has worked perfectly before

I can't reformat the drive unfortunately since I lost my Windows XP CD.

I'm desperate for a solution.

Could someone please tell me how to reinstall DirectX or how to get Direct3D in some other way

I think the problem was caused when I used a program called regrun which scans your startup and lets you delete possible malware, and I guess I deleted the wrong file.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me, My computer is deadslow and barely works anymore

Thanks in advance.
    Jonathan

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

If this remains true, (I've tried downloading WINDOWS service package 2, which I can't get to work) then you are screwed.
    You need that Windows disk to repair the problem you have. And you need Service Pack 2. Service Pack 3 is optional.
    Time to spend some cash... or borrow a Windows install disk that will work with your old product ID.

3. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,719   +437

This might be a driver problem. Try reinstalling them (uninstall then install).
    BTW, just download a new copy of windows xp with sp3 in it and use the cd key that your current installed windows uses (download a windows cd key viewer program to see it and copy it - google it) if it is a legal copy. If it isn't a legal copy then you need to buy it or you'll need a not so legal copy of windows.
    BTW right click on My Computer and then click properties and see what service pack you have.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.