TechSpot

"No input" after installing Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+

By grinch
Feb 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. My old video card (Nvidia GeForce 8500) overheated and stopped working. I ended up buying the Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+. I just got it this morning and installed it. I think I have everything plugged in correctly, but I am not 100% sure. When I tried booting my computer up all the fans were working, but my computer didn't start up. On my monitor it said "No input signal." I've been trying to fix this for the past few hours now and I've exhausted all possible options. Can someone please help me? I have a HP m8000, I can try and find any specifications if needed. Thanks for your guys help!

2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Ensure that you have plugged in the 6 Pin PCI-E power connector to the card.

3. grinch

grinch TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have it plugged in, but it has two ports. Can someone tell me exactly where they go, so I can make sure I've done it right?

4. grinch

grinch TS Rookie Topic Starter

update

After uninstalling all the old drivers and using driver sweeper it worked and asked me to reboot and select the boot mode. When I restarted it, it went back to the same "no input" signal. I really have no idea what's going on, is this a power supply issue?

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Does your motherboard have onboard video?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.