Inactive No internet access: IPv4 DNS Server Reverts to 127.0.0.1

Hello

I've been driven mad by this over the last few days. I am a Windows 7 user who is unable to access the internet from my main PC (unless it is constantly re-set). The problem seems to be that the IPv4 DNS server is constantly re-set to 127.0.0,1, which I need to re-set to Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically to get a few moments of internet access before the suspected malware agent sets it back to 127.0.0.1.

I am running Kaspersky anti-virus software and have downloaded several others all of which have failed to find whatever it is that is causing this problem. I have been Googling this issue and I can see it is not an isolated problem.

Be very grateful for help. As suggested on other forums, I have downloaded TCPView and ProcessViewer, but I don't have enough information to know what to look for in using those tools.

Any suggestions??

Many thanks

Steven

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Thanks a lot for your response. I have been following advice from another forum as well, none of which has been able to cure the problem. As chance would have it, I have a new PC already on order. With the current PC, I'm minded to get all the data I need from it and reset to factory and give it away.

However, given I was running the highly rated Kaspersky internet security package, I'm a bit surprised to have suffered this in the first place. Any recommendations on malware protection for the new PC?

Many thanks for your help.

There is no perfect security program.
If you don't practice safe computing bad guys will get you sooner or later.

Back