No Internet-possible corrupt drivers in wan miniports

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfret

Hello everyone, I have a internet connection problem!!! I'll try and not be to wordy, yet include as many facts as I know. I was checking out one of my kids computers and noticed there was not internet connection. I went into control panel and checked network connections and nothing was listed....good or bad . I then went into my computer, properties, hardware ,network adapters and a long list of wan miniports were shown with the excalamation marks next to all of them. I tried to uninstall them and got a warning they may be required to boot the sysytem. I have read some things about this problem but still can't seem to solve it. Nothing works in safe mode either. Really the only thing I know is that this list of miniports are on all computers.... only hiden. how do i repair all these wan miniport drivers? If that is the problem!! I would appreciate all the help I can get on this one everybody!!!!

miniports are virtual devices and your issue should be in the Winsock stack OR
the NIC driver itself.

go to the device mgr, expand [+] Network Devices and inspect the real device
driver.

If necessary, uninstall it and reboot to rediscover it.

after that download and run LSPFix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm

no internet

hey jobeard, I've tried everything and still nothing. The computer will not restore either. I'm really at my wits end.....I think if I could somehow connect to the internet, I could update all the drivers....any suggestions????

<snip>I went into control panel and checked network connections and nothing was listed....good or bad<snip>
My first guess:
If you aren't seeing anything under Network Connections and you don't see the network hardware listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager, most likely you don't have the hardware network drivers installed!

What is the make/model of your computer (there should be a tag on it stating its specific model number)

Then check if Windows reports any problem devices
  • First make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back