No Internet Wireless/Ethernet but says I am connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a high tech person, and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet all of a sudden my Dell Inspiron 9200 laptop running windows XP. Worked fine with wireless and Ethernet networking until recently. I get a message telling me that I am connected to the internet (either through my wireless or through the ethernet jack) when I right-click on the connection (either Local Area Connection or my wireless card, depending on what is plugged in), the "status" says that my connection is good. Here is the message I get when I click on repair wireless or if I am connected to the cable modem. I am using windows explorer as my browser.

[Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Clearing NetBT]

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Run both bold commands (one at a time) on a command prompt, ie

Start->Run->cmd ->ok

netsh winsock reset catalog -> enter
netsh int ip reset reset.log -> enter

Still the same fault?
Highly likely Virus/Malware
Go here to clean it out : New Preliminary Removal Instructions

Yes that's good that kimsland ask you, try it...

If the problem is still the same so check if you internet connection from your router or ADSL modem is getting well the internet connection as sometime it can only detect the router or modem but no internet connection is coming.

Thanks for input Kimsland but it didnt work. I am sorry but I forgot to mention that I have a wireless router setup that is also working very well with two other computers in the house with no problems.

I got this message (The following command was not found: in tip reset.log)

Could you Start > Run > cmd.exe

Type ipconfig /all >> C:\netinfo.txt

... then attach the C:\netinfo.txt file to a reply here so we can look at your networking configuration.

I prefer this syntax of that command:

Start --> Run--> cmd /c ipconfig /all >Desktop\ipconfig.txt <OK>

Then post the text file "ipconfig.txt" as an attachment
attach.gif
in a new reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back