No Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

philthyphil

my grandson has a asus ,with vista home premium...intel centrino duo...he doesnt know why,[I suspect deleting on his part] but, although the signal for the internet is classed as strong and informs you that you are on the internet...theres no way you can go on the internet...???have tried the laymans tricks of sytems restore to no avail...it just wont....any ideas what the problem is...thanks ...philthyphil

just some thoughts...
having a strong signal means having a good connection to a wireless access point. assuming that the wireless access point connects you to the internet I'd make sure it really is connected to the internet.
can you test with another computer? can you ping any internet ip or website e.g. (from cmd type "ping google.com" w/o quotes). something installed lately - firewall program ect?
there is alot of things that could have went wrong.

please post back

thanks for the reply mscrx,theres good conectivity to other p/cs...my laptop is at present using it and the main desktop also...could try disconnecting the firewall I guess...goodness knows what he's done,guess it'll have to go into the shop...thanks for the interest...philthyphil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back