No/Little sound on Youtube

By DonChakka
Mar 18, 2009
  1. Thanks for viewing this thread.

It started around a month ago when I was watching movies on Youtube. I realised that almost no sound was coming out of my speakers. (I could hear a bit if I turned the volume full blast and held the speaker next to my ear.)

I checked the volume control and Youtube's volume panel - Both were all the way up.

The funny thing was that when I played a song on Windows Media Player, the song played properly (there was sound). Hence I knew it was not a problem of the speakers.

I tried playing music/videos on Imeem, Myspace, etc. Still the same. Even internet games were affected.

Reminder: There was usually sound - but VERY little. However, sometimes I could not hear a thing.

Please help me.
  2. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

This seems that you have a problem with you browser maybe. Try to use another browser and test if you get sound with youtube or myspace.
  3. DonChakka

DonChakka TS Rookie Topic Starter

Unfortunately, its still the same with Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 7. So what's the problem?
  4. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,115   +9

have you made sure the speakers are pluged in all the way?
  5. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

He mentioned that the speakers work well on Windows Media Player.

Try updating the browsers and also install flash player.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.