TechSpot

No mics work on my pc

By 0n1n3
Jan 24, 2010
  1. I have a problem with microphones. I have a plantronics gaming headset with a lime and pink plugs, not usb. I also have an old logitech headset too and I can't get the micrphone from either of the headsets to work. So I am guessing it is something in windows.

I can't imagine what the problem is. I tried looking in volume control and audio properties for things I found off google but none of those things seem to be the problem. The mic tab is not muted in playback and I have no soundcard so I'm going through the motherboard with the ac97 drivers.

AFAIK it should just be working, I thought my headset was going but I tried another headset and that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any ideas? I get sound, I just can't get any microphones to work.

I have Windows XP and my motherboard is a Asus K8MM-V.

Edit; I tried reinstalling the drivers. I am still using the latest vinyl ac97 drivers (7.00b). I'm out of ideas. If ANYONE has any other clues I would be VERY appreciative...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.