No monitor or keyboard signal, no beep on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinvex

Hi!

I have a computer that was working perfectly and after using compressed air it won't give a signal to the monitor, the keyboard doesn't light up (I'm assuming no power to the mouse either), and there is no beep when I start it. Internet cable lights up when I connect it, and the speakers make a "pop" noise like its receiving signal fromt the sound card. I tested the monitor, RAM, and graphics card on another computer and they seem fine...Fans are running okay and I removed the little circular battery from the mother board for half an hour to drain it, but still nothing.

Does this sound like a motherboard problem? I have a K9N platinum and if you suggest it is this, can you recommend a new motherboard (as this doesn't seem to be easy to come by anymore)? Hopefully its not the hard drive...

Thank you for checking this one out....and PS - baby steps are appreciated!

Compressed air, not treated by difluoroethane gas or other static electricity preventative, is a very dangerous destroyer of computers... We have seen at least 12 computers destroyed by Compressed Air... one I did myself in my learning days...
Since then, we have run a lot of tests with canned air... All that are not treated are dangerous. All that come from a bench tank are just about guaranteed to destroy a computer system board, CPU, or other critical components...
And the static electricity can flow through several components before it finds a way to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back