No monitor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

8eios

hello everyone! i have a problem with my pc and any help would be welcome. first of all i have the asus a8n-sli deluxe mobo. over the last months, when computer was starting up, most times used to freeze in the asus logo screen before start loading windows xp and in most cases many resets were required in order to load windows. once windows were loaded system ran perfectly without any problems, until the next restart... yesterday, since i restarted windows computer doesn't give signal to the monitor and screen remains black. i think however that computer stills works and manages to load windows since the optical mouse is working. if windows wouldn't be loaded my intellimouse wouldn't work. i have suspicions that problem has to do with motherboard but i don't want to spend any money before i'm sure. what do you suggest? thanx for any help in advance!

p.s: the small nForce 4 chipset fan isn't working for more than a year

Try resetting the motherboards CMOS (bios)... If this doesn't help, the motherboard may indeed be suspect

Have you run S.M.A.R.T. tests and drive fitness tests on your hard drive?

Have you tried booting to SAFE MODE to see if the video graphics works better there. If it does, your problem may be with the video graphics card, or the video drivers.

That ASUS board is decent, and recent. So I wouldn't agonize over the board too much until the other components have been tested...

i cannot check the disks since the screen remains black. what i did is that i switched the graphics card with another one and the problem remains... :(

gee... perhaps your system overheated since the fan wasn't working and burned out? hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back