No multimedia audio controller on XP

Phil5121

I have no audio on my system right now. Everytime I try to open "volume control" i get an error stating "there are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices go to control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware". Now I tried to update it like that BUT it keeps telling me I need to insert a CD that i don't have. Please can anyone help?

I believe this to be the model for the mainboard for mercury, not 100% sure if thats the right model number.
KVM800M7-A270

Processor:AMD Sempron (tm) 3100+
1.80GHz, 1.21GB of Ram

Yea i've tried that. but I get this message everytime I try downloading "The file you have chosen to download is currently not available on the server." Any other solutions?

This might help me find it for you...

List any Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

It appears the drivers running correctly BUT it's giving a loud buzzing noise that wont go off, and you still can't hear sound from the media playing. I've tried multiple speakers and headphones and the noise continues. Do I have to configure something that I'm unaware of?

unless you have built equipment with printed circuit boards and have good soddering skills - - DON'T;
send it in for repair

Back